What to Do If You Are Injured on the Job

What To Do If You Are Injured

The Longshore and Harbor Workers Act provides coverage for all workers at Austal. It is extremely important that you report your injury immediately and make sure that the injury is documented. Keep in mind...being placed on light duty and no time missed is probably an indicator that the injury has not been documented as an on the job injury. In the event problems arise in the future, management may challenge your claim.

  • Notify your employer immediately. If you need medical treatment, ask your employer for a Form LS-1, which authorizes treatment by a doctor of your choice
  • Obtain medical treatment as soon as possible
  • Give written notice of your injury within 30 days to your employer on Form LS-201. Notice of death must also be given within 30 days. Additional time is provided for certain hearing loss and occupational disease claims. Contact your nearest OWCP district office for additional information regarding these types of claims
  • File a written claim for compensation within one year after the date of injury or last payment of compensation, whichever is later. A claim for survivor benefits must be filed within one year after the date of death. The time for filing claims in certain occupational disease cases has been extended to two years

If You have questions or concerns about your injury: Contact Us at 251-434-8254.

Click here for more information on The Longshore and Habor Workers’ Compensation Act

Follow Us!

www.AustalWorkers.com Logo

Sign Up
Remember me